Monday, January 19, 2009

Handyman - this economy sucks

So, I have to finish the plumbing for the master bathroom by the middle of February, so that we can get it inspected for the truth in housing (we have already gotten a couple of extensions and I just want to get it over with).  Because both of us a really busy and the work is going really slowly, I put an ad on craigslist for a handyman to help me finish the plumbing.  In less than 24 hours I got over 50 responses.  

Some of them were over qualified, some wanted me to pay more, some wanted to do it all themselves.  I am now trying to narrow down the list and get in touch with some of them.  I was just surprised though how many contractors didn't have enough work to do and were willing to help me for less than half of what they would normally make.  Some guys wanted more money and wanted to do all the work themselves.  There were others that just came right out and said that they didn't have any work at all or were unemployed.  This economy sucks and I feel really bad for them.  But at the same time, I can't hire them all as we also have a limited amount of money to spend at this time.

I really don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment