Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Kitchen remodel.

I have to apologize, I took pictures of different stages of the plumbing an kitchen demo to post and with the mess the house is in, I can't find the cord to download the pictures to my computer. I promise to post them as soon as I find the cord though.

The electrical and plumbing rough-in inspections should be completed tomorrow. After that we can put in the kitchen cabinets and start to drywall. Last weekend, I put in the new floor for the kitchen and new bathroom. It is an Ikea floor with a black and white pattern on it, which looks really good. So things are progressing, but not fast enough. What is worse, is that we have to get a lot done by the wednesday before labor day. Seth's parents are coming up to visit for the long weekend! I hope we will have some semblance of normalcy by then.

When we were looking for kitchen cabinets we went to Menards and Ikea and used their design program and figured that the Ikea cabinets would work best cost-wise. Then a couple of weekends ago, we went to the reuse center to looking for something completely unrelated, and they had a complete oak kitchen set which fitted our kitchen almost perfectly! So we ended up buying it the next day. We also fortuitously found that all the appliances we picked out were available at the Sears outlet in NE minneapolis and we got a great deal on those. So with all the money we have saved so far we may even be able to get more stuff done around the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment